The core piece of this latest generation Bruker X-ray detector is a silicon chip that functions according to the drift chamber principle.
Due to the special chip design with integrated charge amplifier the XFlash® can process very high count rates and at the same time displays an excellent energy resolution, unrivaled by any other silicon-based energy dispersive X-ray detector.
In summary, the XFlash® 6 | 10 offers the following advantages:
- Outstanding energy resolution (limited edition with 121 eV at Mn Kα, 38 eV at C Kα and 47 eV at F Kα available)
- Other available resolutions are 123, 126 and 129 eV at Mn Kα
- Extremely high pulse load capability
- Excellent light element and low energy performance (all resolutions better than 129 eV detect Be – Am, 129 eV standard detector has the element range B – Am)
- No elaborate, vibration-generating cooling systems
- Immediately available after power on
- Maintenance-free operation